M27 (Ha+R)GB, Dumbbell Nebula in Vul
- Telescope: 203mm TMB APO at F9
- Camera: Modified Canon 300D (IR Filter Removed)
- Color Components: Luminance H-alpha : 18 x 300s IS0 400 with Astronomik H-alpha filter, Color : 33 x 300s RGB with Astronomik L filter.
- Mount: AP 1200 GTO
- Autoguider: SBIG STV
- Date: 6/28/2005 - 6/30/2005
- All light, dark, and bias frames were first converted to 16-bit compressed FITS using Canon linear daylight white balance.
- H-alpha and RGB image sets were dark and bias calibrated, aligned, and stacked with excluded min/max average separately. The stacked H-alpha and red data was then averaged to create an enhanced (Ha+R)GB image.
- Digital development for the initial brightness increase followed by fine adjustment using curves.
- Color slightly enhanced using additive color balance.
- Star size was reduced using the star size and halo tool.
- Adaptive contrast increase was used to sharpen the image slightly.
- Focused, acquired, and processed using ImagesPlus 2.75 beta 2.
Copyright © 2005 MLUnsold Digital Imaging. All Rights Reserved.