Globular cluster M3 in Canes Venatici.
- Telescope: 203mm TMB APO at F9
- Camera: Standard Canon 20D, ISO 400, shutter 300 seconds with noise reduction off
- Mount: AP 1200 GTO
- Date: 6/8/2005
- 13 Canon raw light images and 16 flat, bias, and dark frames were converted to 16-bit lossless compressed FITS format using daylight white balance.
- Calibrated with standard flat, bias, and dark master frames created from an average of 16 flat, bias, and dark frames, respectively.
- Aligned with correlation then stacked using excluded min/max average.
- Initial brightness and contrast increase performed by digital development with soft sharpening and red emphasis set to green to preserve star colors.
- 12 iterations of adaptive Richardson-Lucy restoration with 7x7 PSF was applied to only the midtones and highlights to further restore the image.
- Mild levels color balance and saturation adjustment.
- Red light pollution gradients removed by applying the planar background tool to only the red data.
- Full resolution image was reduce to 25% and 50% for display.
- Focused, acquired, and processed using ImagesPlus 2.5.
Copyright © 2005 MLUnsold Digital Imaging. All Rights Reserved.